My Etsy Store

Monday, August 13, 2012


 I have no idea where this picture was found. I do recall it was an advertisement for purchasing the giant rug. I found it very intriguing and decided that I wanted my own pattern.

I would have gone with a more elaborate pattern, but then there'd either be texture with crevices and bumps that would trip somebody, or there would be many open holes that a foot could fall into. Therefore, I've decided to do my first giant rug pattern with a basic pattern very similar to the one I saw in the picture. I hope you'll enjoy the pattern. 

Don't necessarily go by the count at the end of each row because I haven't worked it up yet so I can't say. As soon as I do one, I'll come back and delete this sentence and correct the end count. I hop you enjoy the pattern.

GIANT RUG 

Edited by Beverly L Elrod , August 13, 2012 Rug is worked on one side without turning.

MATERIAL LIST:
Rope
Size GIANT crochet hook

ABBREVIATIONS:
Ch-chain
Lp(s)-loop(s)
Rep-repeat
Sc-single crochet
Sk-skip
Sl st-slip stitch

PATTERN:
2 ch,
Row 1: 15 sc in 2nd ch from hook. Sl st in first sc. (15 sc)
Row 2: ch 4, sk 1 st, *sl st next st, ch 4, sk 1 st, rep from * around ending with sl st last sl st of prev row. (8 ch-4 lps)
Row 3: sl st to 2rd ch of ch-4 lp. Ch 5, *sl st in 2nd ch of ch-4 lp, ch 5, rep from * around ending with sl st in last sl st of prev row. (8 ch-5 lps) Row 4: sl st to middle chain of ch-5 lp, *ch 5, sl st in middle chain of ch-5, rep from * around ending with sl st in last sl st of prev row. (8 ch-5 lps)
Row 5: sl st to first ch-5 lp, ch 1, 5 sc in same lp, 5 sc in each ch-5 lp around. Join with sl st in first sc. (40 sc)
Row 6: sl st in next sc, ch 3, sk 1 sc, *sl st in next sc, sk 1 sc around. Join with sl st in last sl st of prev row. (15? ch-3 lps)
Row 7: sl st to middle ch of ch-3 lp, ch 4, *sl in middle of next ch-3 lp, ch 4, rep from * around ending with sl st in last sl st of prev row. (15? ch-4 lps)
Row 8: sl st to next ch, chain 4, (sl st, ch 4) every other ch arnd ending with sl st in 3rd ch of beg ch-4. (30 ch-4 lps)
Row 9: sl st to next ch, ch 4, sk 1 ch, dc next ch, ch 1, (*sk 1 ch, dc next ch, ch 1, sk 1 ch, dc next ch, ch 1), rep around ending with sl st in 3rd ch of beginning ch-4. (60? chs)
Row 10: ch 3, *sl st in next dc, ch 3, rep around, ending with sl st in sl st of previous row. (60? ch-3 lps)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So, where do you find an "S" hook? I have a "Q" and I crochet loose... Hmmm...

Unknown said...

All I could find was a "Q"...