My Etsy Store

Thursday, May 22, 2008

1st Annual South South Yarn Crawl

Oh, what an event! Three days to visit ten shops in the south Puget Sound area. My partner in 'fiber-frolicking', Jacquie, and I did it in two days; as the laundry just had to be done sometime this weekend and wasn't about to wait another week. So, I'll be working on the reviews as soon as I get everything together and let you know what I thought of all the wonderful shops and shop owners.

It does seem that there's been a lot of hurt feelings over some of the reviews and some petty things mentioned in some of them. I hate to see this happen since it's the shop owners who are hurt and they're the ones who opened their doors with fantastic sales and a discount, 'to boot', for yarn crawlers. I can almost understand why they might not want to participate next year.

On the other foot, I can also attest to the fact that some of that hurtfulness also went the other way. One shop owner was given inaccurate information about me and there was a big misunderstanding. But, I'm hoping that this will get cleared up shortly. I'm not mentioning any shop names, here, because (although I'm not a professional writer) I do want to put on a professional attitude and I have great expectations that this will be settled soon.

So, stay tuned for a future writeup to be coming soon.

No comments: